Padel is the latest hit in racket sports land. It is accessible and speedy. Exciting rallies are guaranteed. Come and join padel at USC Tennis. It is a joy to play!
You don’t need to be a member to rent a padel court. Anyone can rent a single court!
Monday – Thursday between 17.00 – 22.00
Want to play at another time?
Want to play outside the timeslots mentioned above? Book your court by phone: (020) 525 89 32.
• USC Tennis has two official padel courts with artificial lights for evening hours.
• You can rent single padel courts.
• You can get a padel membership. With this membership you can make reservations for a court. By phone or online.
• With your padel membership you can rent one time slot of 60 minutes per day
• Rackets and balls can be rent at the desk (of USC Tennis or Universum).
• Padel courses start 8 times a year.
• 4 class course (60 min), 8x every season.
• Minimum of 3 and maximum of 8 players on 2 courts.
• The course tariff includes the use of a padel racket during the course.
• For the duration of your course you receive a free padel membership. With this you can rent padel courts!
• Attention: the course is cancelled in case of less than 3 participants.
You find courses at 3 different levels. The levels are linked to tennis levels.
Beginners = Tennis level beginner / 9
Intermediate = Tennis level 8 / 7 / 6
Advanced = Tennis level 5 / 4 / 3
Padel is a combination of tennis and squash. The game has been increasingly popular in Spain and Latin America. It is played as a double on a 20x10m court surrounded by a fence and a glass wall. So. Why padel? It is easier than tennis. At least, the basics are. Impressive rallies will begin right from the start of your first game…
The biggest difference with tennis and squash might just be the racket. The padel racket is made of plastic and has no strings. There are holes in the round racket blade, to avoid air resistance. And the little string at the bottom of the racket should be around your wrist to avoid you tossing it all over the court.
Padel / year
Padel / 3 months
Padel / half year
Padel 4x begin, start Thu 20 September 19.00
Padel 4x begin, start Thu 25 October 19.00
Court rent (per hour)
Cat I € 10,-
Cat II/III € 20,-
Check your category,
NB: Players in different categories? The court rent will be determined according to the following per person tariffs.
Tariffs per person/introduction
Cat I € 2,50,-
Cat II/III € 5,-
racket € 2,50
3 balls € 6,50
As an introduction
USC Tennis members as well as Chip & Charge members can use the padel courts for free. You can make reservations by phone no more than 2 hours beforehand. When you make a reservation more than 2 hours beforehand normal court rent applies.
Opening hours USC Tennis
Monday – Sunday 8.00 – 24.00
Monday – Thursday 17.00 – 22.00
Outside the opening hours of the tennis desk you can turn to sportcentrum Universum.
Starting dates courses
Period 1: in the week starting 17 September 2018
Period 2: in the week starting 26 November 2018
Period 3: in the week starting 18 February 2019
Period 4: in the week starting 29 April 2019
|Cat. I||students UvA and HvA, other Dutch day universities|
|Cat. II||employees UvA/HvA, alumni HvA, AUV-members UvA, other full time students of universities of applied sciences|
|Cat. III||anyone else|